(From radio broadcast of Bro. Julius Adewumi)
In this chapter we see a new insight. We say God will take over the planet earth. He will not destroy everything like in the days of Noah. As God is doing something in the world, he will also be doing something among the band of believers.
Here in chapter 10, God is revealing to us what he will be doing among the elect.
Rev.10.1: “And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud, and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth.”
Remember this, in rev. 5 when we started the discussion, we saw that a book was in the hand of he that sat on the throne, sealed within and without. Who is worthy to take the book and to open the seals thereof? We saw that only the Lamb was worthy. We also saw that the Lamb was a symbol of the Messiah. Why didn’t John see the Lord Jesus Christ? The Lamb was a symbol of the one on the throne, when he came to die for mankind.
He began opening the seals. As the seals were opened, seal after seal, very soon it became a book. The final book is what we see as the little book in revelation chapter 10.
He now manifested as the mighty angel. After the 6000 years has been allotted mankind, the Lord is about to do the harvesting. He is now calling for time. He has already shed his blood. He has redeemed man. For 2000 years they have been called. He is now going to do the harvesting. He is going to call for time.
v.3 : “And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.”
Remember he was called the “lion of the tribe of Judah”: “Weep not for the lion of the tribe of Juda, the root of David has prevailed”. Only the lamb was qualified to take the book and to open it. We also said the lamb is also the one on the throne.
They were able to worship the lamb, because they know the relationship between the lamb and the one on the throne.
“When the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not”. God purposed that some things are to be kept secret as a mystery for a purpose. This is revealing what God will do to get his elect up to the fullness of the stature of Christ. If the devil knows what God will do, he will plan his strategy to hinder some saints from getting to the fullness of the stature of Christ.
v.5: “And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven and the earth, and the things therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer”.
He is calling for time. This thing will not go on forever and ever. Like apostle Peter wrote, that there shall be scoffers in the latter time, saying, “where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation”. (2 Pet. 3: 4).
This thing will not go on forever, wherein one generation comes, one generation goes, one government comes, and one government goes. No. It will stop one day. God is going to put an end to it, and start a new heaven and a new earth, because the prophecies have said so. In the book of Daniel, it was recorded that God will set up his own kingdom at the end of time. This is the end of time. In Daniel chapter two, when Daniel interpreted the dream of Nebuchadnezzar, at the foot of the image of gold is the end of the world. A stone was cut without hand that bruised the statue into pieces at the foot. Daniel interpreted the stone that was cut without hands as the kingdom of God, which will break the world kingdoms into pieces. God will take over the kingdom of this world.
The kingdom of God is the body of believers worldwide, those who are saved, born again, worldwide. Those that have been washed by the blood of Jesus Christ. There will be first fruits from among them that will be caught up to heaven to fight a spiritual warfare for God, and help cast down the dragon and his army. At the end, when God will have come down to take over the earth, this planet will be given to the saints of God, the holy people to live and reign forever and ever. (Dan.2; 7).
Scoffers may say where is the promise of his coming? Apostle Peter reminded us that a day with the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his coming, but is long suffering towards us. But suddenly the lion of the tribe of Judah roared, and the seven thunders uttered their voices. He calls for time shall be no longer! That is the beginning of the end. He comes down and quietly works among the believers that are being prepared. The bible said a mighty angel, clothed with rainbow has the little book in his hand, and called for time. Christ has opened all the seals and it is now a little book. He is the one that will harvest the earth.
“But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God will be finished.”
In the earlier chapters, we have seen the fifth angel sounded, and the sixth angel sounded in Rev.9. We are yet to see the 7th angel sound. This is what chapter 10 was giving a prelude. “He said the mystery of God will be finished”. That means, everything we are talking about right now, how will God minister to his people? How will he prepare us to go in the rapture? How will he get us to the fullness of the stature of Christ? They are all going to be revealed during the period the 7th angel is sounding. When we say the angel blowing the trumpet, it is representing when God will send some messages out, and some preaching is taking place by major ministers of the gospel whom God has sent out. During that season of revival, is when God will reveal the rest of the mysteries. There had been several dispensational revivals in the Christendom, and seven church ages of revival. In the days of the seventh angel trumpeting, God will be revealing the mysteries of the rapturing faith. The trumpet is like the preaching of a special message or revelation from the Lord, just like when apostle Paul was preaching about in Asia, in the entire known world, preaching the good news of Jesus Christ. He was blowing trumpet. Those who believed were sealed by God. Those who do not believe are condemned. There had been seven dispensations of major preaching and revival over the 2000 years, and the seventh church age dispensation is believed to have started in the 1900 revival of Pentecostalism. This, we believe, is the season, and the end-times when the mysteries of God are being revealed. Daniel chapter 12 alluded to it that knowledge should be increased. Knowledge of the world and of the word of God has indeed increased in this generation.
We are in the seventh trumpeting. It will continue till the end of time.
V8: And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.”
Let me summarize what the angel was saying to apostle John in the last verse: Remember apostle John was in the Isle of Patmos when he received this visitation. He was exiled to the Isle by the Roman Empire. The Lord in this vision, which he wrote down for us, visited him. The angel was saying, “he was going to prophesy again”, which means he was going to be released from exile. When the emperors exile prisoners, they usually forget them. But God was saying to apostle John, he would be returned to the society and will prophesy again before nations and kings. We know according to history that apostle John was released as foretold, and he went back into the midst of the believers and lived many more years.
The angel also told him to eat the book and it shall be sweet in his mouth but it shall make his belly bitter. The word of God is always like that. It is sweet to the mouth and bitter in the belly. We preach it, it’s sweet. To do it is a battle, and a struggle to every man that will obey the word of God. The Lord has made it easy for anyone that will obey it. However we have an enemy, Satan that will resist every work of God. Satan will resist you from doing what you know is the right thing to do. That is, it is easier said than done. The sermons, the preaching are easier said than done. Not only for the preachers. Understand that it is a battle to do the word of God. It’s a battle. We are in a warfare. The Lord Jesus Christ emphasized it that we are to carry our cross and follow him. The devil may not let it be easy, but we are to make up our mind, carry our cross and follow him. There will be persecution, there will be temptations, but don’t worry about it, if you know what you are doing. Christ said yours is the kingdom of heaven. You may hunger and thirst for righteousness, but yours is the kingdom of heaven.
There will be persecution at the end of the world by an antichrist government. In Rev.13, it said power was given to the beast to wage war against the saints and to overcome them. It has happened before in the Roman Empire and it’s going to happen again before the end of the world. Many may be killed during the persecution, but Christ will raise them up again at the resurrection of the saints to live on this earth forever and ever. Now choose this day who you will serve!
Those that stand their ground ready to die for Christ, those are the true believers. However, when you are persecuted you are to be as the first church age believers and pray for those that persecute you. To be a disciple of Christ we are to pray for those that persecute us.
Remember this: pray for those that persecute you, asking that the Father forgive them, that you may be a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ indeed.
The word is sweet in the mouth but bitter in the belly. However blessed are they that endure. “He that endured to the end shall be saved.”
I pray that all believers will be anointed to endure to the end and arrive at Jesus’ feet.
Bro. Julius Adewumi.
Exerpts from Miguel Molino’s (1675 AD)
THOU must know that there are two sorts of humility; one false and counterfeit, the other true. The false one is theirs, who, like water, which must mount upward, receive an external fall and artificial submission, to rise up again immediately. These avoid esteem and honor, that so they may be took to be humble; they say of themselves, that they are very evil, that they may be thought good; and though they know their own misery, yet they are loth that other folks should know it. This is dissembled humility, and feigned, and nothing but secret pride.
95. Theirs is the true humility, which have gotten a perfect habit of it; these never think of it, but judge humbly of themselves; they do things with courage and patience; they live and dye in God; they mind not themselves nor the Creatures; they are constant and quiet in all things; they suffer molestation with joy, desiring more of it, that they may imitate their dear and despised Jesus; they covet to be reputed trifles and sport by the World; they are contented with what God allots them, and are convinced of their faults with a pleasing shame; they are not humbled by the counsel of Reason, but by the affection of the Will; there is no honor that they look after, nor injury to disturb them.; no trouble to vex them; no prosperity to make them proud; because they are always immovable in their Nothing, and in themselves with absolute peace.
96. And that thou mayst be acquainted with interior and true Humility, know, that it doth not consist in external Acts, in taking the lowest place, in going poor in clothes, in speaking submissively, in shutting the eyes, in affectionate sighing, nor in condemning thy ways, calling thy self miserable, to give others to understand that thou art humble: It consists only in the contempt of thy self, and the desire to be despised, with a low and profound knowledge, without concerning thy self, whether thou art esteemed humble or no, though an Angel should reveal such a thing to thee.
97. The torrent of Light wherewith the Lord with his Graces enlightens the soul, doth two things: It discovers the Greatness of God, and at the same time the Soul knows its own stench and misery, insomuch, that no Tongue is able to express the depth in which it is overwhelmed, being desirous that every one should know its Humility, and 'tis so far from vain-glory and Complacency, as it sees that Grace of God to be the mere Goodness of him, and nothing but his Mercy, which is pleased to take pity on it.
98. Thou shalt never be hurt by Men or Devils, but by thy self, thy own proper Pride, and the violence of thy Passions; take heed of thy self, for thou of thy self, art the greatest Devil of all to thy self.
99. Have no Mind to be esteemed, when God incarnate was called Fool, Drunkard, and said to have a Devil. O the Folly of Christians! that we should be willing to enjoy Happiness, without being willing to imitate him on the Cross, in Reproaches, Humility, Poverty, and in other Virtues!
100. The truly humble Man is at rest and ease in his Heart; there he stands the Trial of God, and Men, and the Devil himself, above all reason and discretion, possessing himself in Peace and Quietness, looking for, with all Humility, the pure pleasure of God, as well in Life as Death: Things without do no more disquiet him, than if they never were. The Cross to him, and even Death it self, are Delights, though he make no such show outwardly: But oh! who do we speak of? for few there are of these sort of humble Men in the whole World!
101. Hope thou, and desire, and suffer, and dye without any Bodies knowing it; for herein consists the humble and perfect Love. O how much Peace wilt thou find in thy Soul, if thou dost profoundly humble thy self, and even hug Contempt!
102. Thou wilt never be perfectly humble, though thou knowest thy own Misery, unless thou desirest that all Men should know it: then thou wilt avoid Praises, embrace Injuries, despise every thing, that makes a fair show, even to thine own self: and if any Tribulation come upon thee, blame none for it; but Judge that it comes from God's Hand, as the Giver of every Good.
103. If thou would'st bear thy Neighbours faults, cast thine Eyes upon thine own: and if thou thinkest to thy self, that thou hast made any Progress in Perfection by thy self, know that thou art not humble at all, nor hast yet made one step in the way of the Spirit.
104. The degrees of Humility, are the qualities of a Body in the Grave; that is, to be in the lowest place, buried like one that's dead, to stink, and be corrupted to it self, to be dust, and nothing in ones own account; finally, if thou would'st be Blessed, learn to despise thy self, and to be despised by others.
ENCOURAGE thy self to be Humble, embracing Tribulations as Instruments of thy Good; rejoice in Contempt, and desire that God may be thy only Refuge, Comfort and Protector.
106. None, let him be never so great in this World, can be greater than he that is in the eye and favor of God: and therefore the truly humble Man despises whatever there is in the World, even to himself, and puts his only trust and repose in God.
107. The truly humble Man suffers quietly and patiently internal troubles, and he is the Man that makes great way in a little time, like one that sails before the Wind.
108. The truly humble Man finds God in all things; so that whatever contempt, injury or affront comes to him by means of the Creatures, he receives it with great peace and quiet Internal, as sent from the Divine Hand, and loves greatly the instrument with which the Lord tries him.
109. He is not yet arrived at profound Humility that is taken with Praise, though he does not desire it, nor seek it, but rather avoids it: because to an humble Heart praises are bitter crosses although it be wholly quiet and immovable.
110. He has no internal Humility who doth not abhor himself, with a mortal, but withal a peaceable and quiet hatred: But he will never come to possess this treasure, that has not a low and profound knowledge of his own vileness, rottenness and misery.
111. He that is upon excuses and replies, has not a simple and humble heart, especially if he dost this with his Superiors: because replies grow from a secret pride that reigns in the Soul; and from thence the total ruin of it.
112. Perfidiousness supposes little submission, and this less humility; and both together they are the fuel of inquietude, discord and disturbance.
113. The humble heart is not disquieted by imperfections, though these do grieve it to the Soul; because they are against its loving Lord: nor is he concerned that he cannot do great things; for he always stands in his own Nothing and Misery; nay, he wonders at himself, that he can do any thing of Virtue, and presently thanks the Lord for it, with a true knowledge that it is God that doth all, and remains dissatisfied with what he does himself.
114. The truly humble man, though he sees all, yet he looks upon nothing to judge it, because he judges ill only of himself.
115. The truly humble man doth always find an excuse to defend him that mortifies him, at least in a sound intention: Who therefore would be angry with a Man of good intention?
116. So much (nay more) doth false humility displease God, as true Pride does; because that is Hypocrisy besides.
117. The truly humble Man, though every thing falls out contrary to him, is neither disquieted nor afflicted at it; because he is prepared, and thinks he deserves no less; he is not disquieted under troublesome Thoughts, wherewith the Devil seeks to torment him, nor under temptations, tribulations and desertions, but rather acknowledges his unworthiness, and is affected that the Lord chastises him by the Devil's means, though he be a vile instrument; all he suffers seems nothing to him, and he never doth a thing that he thinks worth any great matter.
118. He that is arrived at perfect and inward Humility, although he be disturbed at nothing, as one that abhors himself, because he knows his imperfection in every thing, his ingratitude and his misery, yet he suffers a great Cross in enduring himself. This is the sign to know true humility of Heart by. But the happy Soul which is gotten to this holy hatred of it self, lives overwhelmed, drowned and swallowed up in the depth of its own Nothing; out of which the Lord raises him by communicating Divine Wisdom to him, and filling him with Light, Peace, Tranquility and Love.
May the Lord help us all to be truly humble.
Bro. Julius Adewumi
Gospel Distribution Ministry
Box 30387, Phoenix, AZ 85046, USA.
Radio Africa - ShortWave 7.190khz
Time: 5PM GMT for 30 minutes. Every Saturday. (6PM in Nigeria).
Sorry we have to withdraw the Radio East Africa and Radio South Africa broadcasts for now, due to budget issues.
I want to thank those that have been sending offering to this ministry. Your investment and mine send the literature to believers and send the word on radio. That is one sure way we can send our money ahead of us to heaven. The Lord said: "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Mat. 6: 19-21). "For we brought nothing into this world and it is certain we can carry nothing out." (1Tim. 6: 7).